Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Top Five Reasons For Loving Facebook


For a few years, Facebook (FB) has changed the way we view social networking. It has become a potent tool for communicating with long lost friends and family. It has also changed the lifestyles of a lot of its users because of its unique and sometimes addicting features. Here's why I love Facebook.

1. WHERE ART THOU, MY FRIEND?

I am in my early thirties and the last time I heard about my elementary and high school friends was during our high school graduation day. Since I rarely attend reunions, I had no idea where my other friends have been especially when, during our teenage years, the internet was still an unknown frontier. Imagine my surprise and joy when I saw them on FB!

2. GAMES! GAMES! GAMES!

Mafia Wars, Restaurant City, Cafe Life, Cafe World, Market Street, Bejeweled Blitz. These are but a few of the games I play here. I would have played more but I just don't have enough time in my hands to play and level up each game I play! The games are a good reason to meet new friends who play the same games as you. Caveat: ADDICTING!!!

3. BIRTHDAYS AND EVENTS REMINDERS

I am terrible with dates. I don't even keep track of events! With FB, I get a daily reminder of who's celebrating his/her birthday. My friend even used the events application of FB to confirm the attendance of her family and friends to her son's baptism and birthday party.

4. PHOTO/VIDEO SHARING

Need I say more? It's nice to share photos and videos with friends. What's even nicer is that you can share the links of photos and videos to your status. No need to upload if you're just getting it from a different website. With this, you get updated with the events of your friend's life. Some are even enterprising enough to use this application to display their goods and offer the same for sale to their FB friends.

5. THE ADS

Let's admit it: Ads really help a website survive and become better. But A LOT of the FB ads are really helpful ads. I especially like those ads for contests (since I have won twice already in two different contests).

What are YOUR reasons for loving FB?

No comments: